I love you when you are loving me too.I ♥ simple person,simple things and simple LOve.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Clinical attachment 3.2






6 weeks attachment was over, what 's coming to the next? I 'm enjoying my holidays right now before going back to school for Project P- a 2 weeks revision lessons in school before PRCP.

During this attachment, taking case made me more function like a staff nurse, i have to learn how to write report, how to handover report to next shift, how to book the bed and transport after patient is discharged or transfered, how to communicate with other hospital personnel. Time was passing very fast during these 6 weeks, maybe because i know more things, and i can perform and do more.

An incident was happened whereby my patient who was in-charged by me died without anyone noticed , until his family members discovered he was dead. Actually, when my friend and i were nursing the patient, he was gone, and we thought that he was still alive because his eyes were opening spontaneously yet we didn't notice that he had stopped breathing. It was so funny that my friend and i still gave him eye drop and applied moisturizing cream on his lip. We didn't know that actually we were nursing a corpse. The moral of this story is both of us need to be more observant, ,never mind, we will learn from mistake.




No comments: